Thursday, August 6, 2009

Singing in the Dead of Night




Before Tuesday evening, I had only been to one concert in my lifetime. Admittedly, it was a Backstreet Boys concert when I was 12 years old, so my live-music experience was sorrily lacking.

A couple of weeks ago I saw Jason Mraz was coming to Boston so I decided to splurge a little and see him live. Needless to say, the show was incredible. I've been listening to Mr. A-Z since he first hit the scene in 2002 and I have to say, he is one hell of a live performer. His voice is incredible and when he broke out the acoustic set I was in heaven.

Then, yesterday, I was at work in the Red Sox front office and my boss asked me to stick around and shoot the Paul McCartney concert. (See the photos above) They had a suite open for Red Sox employees so I got to stick around after shooting and watch the concert. I'm not a die hard McCartney fan, but the show was incredible. He played a bunch of Beatles songs and had the crowd dancing and singing along like crazy. No joke, "Hey Jude" gave me the chills.

I got to see two incredible shows in two days and both shows defintely inspired me to tickle the ivories again and finally learn how to play that guitar that has been sitting in my room for years. I forgot how much music means to me and how much I love it. Getting to see two people so passionate about it reminded me just how powerful it truely is.

No comments:

Post a Comment