Sunday, October 12, 2008

Making a Statement

When I first came to Boston University as a photojournalism major and got involved at the newspaper (The Daily Free Press) I set a goal for myself : be the beat photographer for Men's Hockey. Now, as a junior and after rising through the ranks at the paper (including a stint as photo editor last semester), I've finally reached my goal. Hockey at BU is like Big Ten College Football - the crowd makes the stadium shake, and from October to April the only plans the student body has on Friday and/or Saturday nights is cheering on their beloved Terriers.  

This weekend the Men's Hockey Team opened the 2008-2009 season by competing in the Ice Breaker Invitational hosted at Agganis Arena in Boston, MA. The team played sharp and made a statement by taking both of their games and winning the tournament - this was not last year's team. 

Above, defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk (3) shuffles the puck past Michigan State defenseman and Assistant Captain Jeff Petry (2) during BU's 2-1 win in the Championship game. 

I'm incredibly excited to be documenting the season of the 2008-2009 BU hockey team. Be sure to check back for more images from what I'm sure will be an incredible 6 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment